Uni student doing theatre and design plus some gaming

AliceCavanagh

Hello pc friends
I’m in desperate need of some help. I’m currently studying and needing a little bit of help picking a new computer. I was thinking a slim PC see specs below
Alice Pc

I am studying theatre and do quite a bit of video editing and plan on doing some audio work. I don’t need anything super mega powerful but just want something reliable ha ha. I also plan on doing some design work and I also very occasionally do some gaming with my boyfriend (Warcraft, Skyrim, etc) so nothing super fancy. Please let me know if you think this is going to be right for me.

Alice

markymark

Staff member
Hi,

Please see the spec sheet based on your needs. Let us know if you need more assistance. :)

AliceCavanagh

Hi this looks great however I was kind of preferring a slim/ mini PC due to being in a uni dorm and not having a tonne of space. I was also prefer something not a gaming computer purely because I really don’t do a lot and it seems like overkill. I probably game once a month at most. It’s mostly for uni work, video editing, and every day use. A friend who works in IT suggested 16GB for ram and 1TB of storage which I seemed happy with. Something with fairly dedicated graphics that won’t break the bank.
If there’s something that I can build that meets these needs fantastic. Or something that you can suggest even better. Thank you.

Last edited:

markymark

Staff member
Hello,

No worries I will be changing it to an Intel. But the Slim PCs does not have an option for you to put a dedicated graphics card. It only uses the Integrated graphics meaning it is not designed for high end resolution gaming 1080p up. Also it uses SSD storage not Hard Drive. Here is the sample spec sheet for it that can do video editing as well :)

1614216791662.png

Let us know if you need more assistance. Thanks!

AliceCavanagh

Fantastic thanks. Hmm that is a bit annoying about the integrated graphics. I’ll try and have a look then at what I can do. Thanks so much for your help

AliceCavanagh

What about the mini PCs? By intel? Not the slim? Are they any better or worse. Just space and weight are a bit of an issue. I need to be able to be semi mobile with it- I move back home approximately every 6 months and don’t want to have to lug it back and forth and it be a bit of a burden.

markymark

Staff member
Hi,

Mini PCs is better. Since it can use a dedicated graphics card. Here is the spec sheet based on your needs.